Into the Cold 2023 registration is now open! Every year we get questions from generous Manitobans about what the event is, how to register, and so forth. So hopefully this provides some clarity for your fundraising!
Read below for some of our answers to frequently-asked questions.
How do you register?
First, you have to visit our Into the Cold fundraising page. Click the “Register Now” prompt and follow the instructions. Once completed, then congratulations, you’re registered! Once you register and log into your fundraising page, you can do fun things on your dashboard, such as personalizing your page, sending tailored emails, and tracking all your donations from your donors! It’s incredible and easy to use.
Why recruit donors?
Getting donors maximizes your fundraising potential – it helps you make the most out of your walk! Donors help you push for more, and that’s how you can make your walk count. Donors are unpredictable – you won’t always know how much they’ll donate – but getting more and more will go a long way! You get five donors; you raise ten times more money.
How do you start??
Update your raisin page with two key things:
– A selfie (make sure you’re smiling)
– Tell people why you’re walking? ‘What’s your why’ to help MSP?
Donors will love seeing a face when donating, and they’ll enjoy your ‘why’ they’re contributing.
Where can you find these donors??
Ask around! There’s not much more to it, but here are some tips to get donors when you’re starting off getting Into the Cold:
- Let’s start simple– make a self-donation! Now you immediately go from registered to the fundraiser. People will see you’re raising money, and more importantly, these people can become donors!
- Call, email, text, and even fax your family for donations. Tell them why you’re walking and why MSP is doing this. They love you already, and they’ll love what you’re doing for our emergency shelter.
- What are friends for? To help you! And while you’re at it, ask them if they want to join your team, and then show them these tips. You’ll multiply your fundraising even more!
- Connect with your boss and coworkers. More and more, especially nowadays, corporations want to get in on fundraising for local not-for-profits. Adding more people to your team from work will raise even more for you AND your team.
How can you ask them??
Write a personal Into the Cold fundraising message using our hand templates and send it to your friends and family members. Make sure it sounds like it’s coming from you and not a plain old work email – they know who you are, so be you! Make sure to include the link to your page and get donors quick! Go to wherever you learn, work, pray or socialize and ask people face-to-face to help support you. It’s proven that in-person communication is much more effective than anything online, so why not try some old fashion in-person asking? It works!
What about social media??
As we said, nothing beats face-to-face, but why not share Into the Cold everywhere? Social media is also fast and widespread. One small piece of advice, though – don’t use Facebook’s fundraising buttons. They muck up things for your donors and MSP.
Do you even need a fundraising goal??
Not necessarily, but donors are your first step in getting there. Milestones are better! Once you get to one milestone, get to the next, then the next, then the next, then to the…
And finally… document your success! Everyone loves a good story, so whenever you get the chance, share whatever you’re doing on social media, and let’s get to that $35,000 goal for our front-lines!