Hi! MSP is looking for volunteers, and we have SO many ways to help out! We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following roles. Individuals or groups are welcome!
1. Emergency Clothing and Donations: Volunteers can help us receive much-needed donations from the public, and sort through those donations to provide our community with weather-appropriate clothing, shoes, and hygiene products.
2. Drop-In/Emergency Shelter Support: Volunteers will help serve meals and coffee to our community using drop-in services. Volunteers also may help with getting donations of clothing, hygiene, and socks.
3. Kitchen Food Prep: Volunteers help with meal prep and clean-up. MSP prepares over 500 meals every day so we need help! From making sandwiches, peeling potatoes, and tidying the dishes after meals, there are so many ways to help our community in the kitchen.
4. Thursday Morning Food Rescuer: MSP is looking for a food rescuer for Thursday mornings. This position requires someone with their own large-ish vehicle to pick up rescued food from a local Costco. Food is picked up around 8:00-8:30 a.m. and dropped off at MSP. The task is usually done by 9:00-9:30 a.m.!
5. Recreational Support: We are also looking for folks to help out with some fun programming. We have participants in all programs; from our withdrawal management services to drop-in, to our transitional housing areas. If you or a group are interested in this, we can always use help running a game night, bingo, a yoga class, or movie night. Let us know if you have your own ideas for a fun activity!
Plus, there are tons of other ways to help:
MSP is always in need of clothing, water, and food drives, so if you’re part of an organization or want to do a drive for the following, connect with us and we can help you out!
We’re always in need of the following. Drive these!
- Board Games
- Craft Supplies
- Non-perishable Food Items
- New Adult Underwear
- Yoga Mats
- Snacks for movie night – Microwave Popcorn – Pop – Candy
- Bingo Prizes (hair brushes, makeup, sunglasses, new items only)
- Hygiene Items (deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, etc.)
For immediate donations, you can contact us at email@example.com to start off and we can help you from there!
To start volunteering immediately, fill out our quick and easy volunteer form or contact us by email @firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s get moving!