RFP Event Planning Support
RFP Issued By: Main Street Project
Closing date: April 11, 2023, 5:00 pm.
Delivery of Proposals: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Requirements
Main Street Project Inc. requires the services of an event planning and management firm to assist in planning our Fundraising Gala Event: Hope Grows Here.
Background, Objectives, and Scope
Hope Grows Here is a benefit gala for Main Street Project on Thursday, May 18, 2023, at the Fairmont Hotel Winnipeg.
In addition to a fabulous culinary experience provided by the Fairmont Hotel Winnipeg, our second annual event will feature some fabulous homegrown entertainment, and special guests, with a significant announcement we are excited to share. Main Street Project has been a mainstay in the community, recognizing 50 years of service supporting our most marginalized citizens.
Hope Grows Here will support the many programs Main Street Project operates. Main Street Project has been serving the needs of Winnipeg’s most vulnerable residents since 1972. We offer programming and services to help our community members build stability – emergency shelter, mobile outreach, men’s, women’s, and non-binary detox, transitional and supportive housing, food and nutrition, case work, and protective care. We meet individuals where they are at and make every effort to tailor our services to meet the self-determined needs of each individual so that we may help them work towards stable, permanent housing.
Services Required – Scope of Work
The contractor shall provide the following services:
- Consultations before the event.
- Décor budgeting.
- Custom Décor design – Hope Grows Here colour scheme, theme, and style for the event.
- Guidance and selections of décor vendors/suppliers before the event.
- Table mock-up/prototype with linens and florals (if required).
- Creation of event floor plan at the venue site.
- Preparation of event day decorating itinerary and logistics schedule.
- Event day – supervision and coordination of décor set-up and take-down at the venue
- Work to make sure all décor vendors deliver all contracted products and services
- Ensure decorating timeline of the event is executed as requested
- Distribution of payment to all décor vendors
- Ensure any last-minute situations or emergency are dealt with promptly.
MSP is also looking for support for a quarterly staff social event under the guidance of the staff social committee.