Thank you for considering Main Street Project Inc. for your fundraiser!
Please fill out the below information.
Main Street Project Fundraising Guidelines
Thank you for choosing Main Street Project as the beneficiary of your fundraising activities. Fundraisers are very important in allowing us to serve the needs of Winnipeg’s most vulnerable citizens.
Please review the following guidelines prior to submitting your form:
- A Fundraising Form should be submitted 2 weeks prior to the proposed fundraising activity. Approval should be received before promoting or advertising commences.
- Forms are required each year if your event is recurring.
- Permission must be received from Main Street Project Inc. to use our name and/or logo in conjunction with fundraising activities. Main Street Project must approve all promotional material prior to distribution. We will provide our logo for approved promotional material if requested.
- It should be clearly stated in promotional material that the fundraising activities are “In Support Of” or “Proceeds To” followed by “Main Street Project Inc.” or the Main Street Project logo. Main Street Project Inc. is not to be named as a sponsor or co-sponsor of fundraising activities.
- If we will only receive a portion or percentage of the proceeds, the exact percentage must be clearly stated on all related publicity.
- Please be advised that by publicly naming Main Street Project Inc. as the benefactor of your event or promotion, you are required to donate the proceeds to Main Street Project Inc. Main Street Project Inc. is not responsible for any financial losses from this event.
- Main Street Project Inc. encourages the organizer to issue press releases and to promote via social media in regards to their fundraising activities.
- The event organizer is responsible entirely for event publicity. Main Street Project will share appropriate social media posts at MSP’s discretion.
- The organizer must obtain raffle/lottery and/or liquor licenses for third party fundraising activities. The organizer should take the necessary steps to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Main Street Project Inc. will not provide its licenses or permits for fundraising activities or be held liable if the organizer is found to be in violation of any laws or regulations.
- The organizer is responsible for providing the staff and volunteer support that is required for the fundraising activities. Main Street Project Inc. may be able to offer volunteer support and, if requested, we will do our best to provide a representative to attend the event.
- Any requests made to third parties by the organizer for donations/prizes/sponsors should be made with the understanding that the organizer takes responsibility for the event and Main Street Project Inc. is understood by these parties as the beneficiary of the event, not the organizer of the event.
- The organizer is responsible for thanking any other parties that contribute to this event as well as any volunteers at this event. Main Street Project Inc. asks to be informed of these contributions/donations/volunteers so that they may thank contributors where appropriate or work with the organizer to do so.
- Main Street Project Inc. does not assume any liability for injuries, damage or theft sustained during fundraisers.
- Please attach a copy of any licenses, permits and proof of liability insurance.
- Main Street Project Inc. provides charitable tax receipts in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency’s tax receipting guidelines. Generally, organizers of fundraisers do not qualify for charitable tax receipts.
- Tax receipts cannot be issued to an organization for a collection of funds or for monies raised by employees through a casual day fundraiser: i.e., jeans day, bake sale, hot dog sale; etc. Donations made by individuals will be tax receipted to each individual providing their address is provided. Donations made by corporations will be issued if requested by the organization on official letterhead, and provided the donation does not represent collected funds.
- Goods and services not eligible for tax receipts include the purchase of items such as raffle tickets, admission tickets, greens fees, or donated services.
- In the event donation receipts are required for individuals participating in your event, please include Main Street Project Inc.’s charitable tax receipt number on all publicity: 107655094RR0001
- The organizer should deliver the proceeds from the third party fundraising activities within 14 days of the end of the fundraising activities.
- Main Street Project Inc. will ensure a representative is available if the organizer would like to have an official cheque presentation.
- Main Street Project Inc. reserves the right to obtain and use any photos or quotes from fundraising activities.
- Main Street Project Inc. reserves the right to deny any form for a fundraising.